We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advisor Girl, I need help, too!

Level Contributor
160 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Advisor Girl, I need help, too!

Advisor Girl, thank you for all your invaluable advice on Miami. I am coming in 1 week to SB and have narrowed down my dinner choices to 2 of these 3: Ortanique, Talula and Francesco's. I know it's tough, but which one should I eliminate?

Special Offer
Miami to Key West Day Trip Tour With...
394 Reviews
from $65.00*
$75.00
Miami Speedboat Tour with Star...
60 Reviews
from $38.00*
Special Offer
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
343 Reviews
from $51.00*
$58.00
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advisor Girl, I need help, too!

Bo>

You know that Francesco's & Orantique are not SB locations? Of the two "mainland" doors, I'd say Francesco's is a much better one-off choice than the Orantique chain.

Talula does lunch and Sunday brunch too - in case you need wiggle room. Service is either stellar or dreadful. No gray. It's too hot just now, but their garden is nice in late November...

Where else did you pick?

AG

Level Contributor
160 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advisor Girl, I need help, too!

We are only in for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday; have reservations at Orantique for Friday night and Francesco's for Saturday night, but was thinking of eliminating one and adding Talula for one night. Lunch Saturday is out (driving up to Lake Worth to see my Mom) and I think we are leaving to early on Sunday to do brunch so that leaves just Friday and Saturday night.

Mentioned in this post
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advisor Girl, I need help, too!

Bo>

You are all set.

Take Mom to John G's on the beach in Lake Worth. Absolutely the best. They only serve til 3 and the seafood platter is divine (splurge and split the fried fisherman with Mrs. Bo...)

If you are there early enough for breakfast, the French Toast is yummy too.

Enjoy!

AG

John G's Restaurant

- www.johngs.com

10 Ocean Blvd, Lake Worth - (561) 585-9860

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Advisor Girl, I need help, too!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 08, 2009