We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

**TOO EARLY? When to book Miami Beach hotel for FEBRUARY?**

Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
**TOO EARLY? When to book Miami Beach hotel for FEBRUARY?**

I am currently looking at a hotel in South Beach that offer a free night when you stay for a certain amount of time. I am wanting to book this deal, but the weekend/week I am going the hotel has the rates the highest. The week before and after is cheaper but it is for my husband's 30th so I cannot change the dates.

My question is...

Should I just book now and be done with it? The rate is pay in advance, no cancellations, and it is in Februrary when alot of people visit to get away from the colder weather.

Or should I hold off longer as the rate may drop? I was thinking it was way to early to book a hotel right now but given the weather in Miami during end of Feb it will get busy.

Any advice?

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from $49.99*
$75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
178 Reviews
from $38.00*
Big Bus Miami Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,347 Reviews
from $29.00*
4 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,690 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: **TOO EARLY? When to book Miami Beach hotel for FEBRUARY?**

KLo>

If your husband's birthday falls on the President's Day Weekend (Feb 15-19) which is also our annual Miami International Boat Show... hotel rates will be highest of the season. Lots of people + TONS of traffic.

I suggest you check out Booking.com or contact these hotels directly so you can secure a rate you can CANCEL if you find a better deal...

Most major brand hotels let you secure a room with a credit card and ONLY charge you when you check in or in the event you cancel from 24 - 48 hours prior to arrival, no charge. Third party booking sites have different policies - some are pay up front no refunds and others are not. You can verify these sites using GOOGLE.

ALWAYS check the cancellation policy and try as hard as you might not to get locked into a "deal" if you believe your plans may change or you may find a better opportunity.

ALSO -- you may also get a better rate if you choose a hotel a little distance away from the Convention Center where the boat show is located. Check out Surfside (Grand Beach) or Sunny Isles Beach to see if you can score a nice resort away from the crowds and traffic.

AG

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,033 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: **TOO EARLY? When to book Miami Beach hotel for FEBRUARY?**

Always the earlier you book the better as rule unless waiting for a last min deal for some empty rooms which will prob not be the case based on the location and time of year.

Miami is very expensive. As soon as I book a flight/cruise, I book the hotel right away..usually 5mths out or so and its still pricey and somewhat limited.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: **TOO EARLY? When to book Miami Beach hotel for FEBRUARY?**

also, keep in mind that with the devastating effects of this past hurricane season throughout parts of the Caribbean, Miami/Miami Beach is expected to be even more popular and busier than usual this winter.

Edited: 1:50 pm, December 12, 2017
nyc
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: **TOO EARLY? When to book Miami Beach hotel for FEBRUARY?**

Book now, with a cancellation option. Don't let. Free night be the reason you stay at the hotel, when you may get a better deal staying elsewhere.

Reply to: **TOO EARLY? When to book Miami Beach hotel for FEBRUARY?**
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted