We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area/location in Miami for an overnight visit

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
574 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best area/location in Miami for an overnight visit

Hi everyone

I am going to spend a week with my folks at Xmas in Florida. They are on the coast but closer to Daytona Beach.

I might take a day/night to go check out Miami. I haven't been since I was a little girl and I understand it has a thriving art scene, great street murals, good food, nightlife, etc.

So where would be the best "bang for the buck" location to choose to stay? I don't want and won't have time to commute into anything interesting, I'd want to go right to the best/most fun area and spend my day-and-a-half plus night, there. Everything walkable...

Thank you!

1 reply
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area/location in Miami for an overnight visit

sky>

The arts district is in Midtown Miami/Wynwood and the beach area (South Beach) is about 30 minutes from there.

You need to enter your exact trip dates into the search engine at the top of this page to see what hotels suit your budget.

Which area would you prefer to visit? The arts area isn't really set up for overnight stays but the drive from South Beach isn't difficult if you avoid rush hour.

AG

Reply to: Best area/location in Miami for an overnight visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted