We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Europe
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary help

Hi,

my partner and myself will be in Miami for 5 days in February. We are arriving on Wed 7th afternoon and departing Sun 11th evening. The main objective is to see two Heat games (Wed and Fri), the rest should be chillaxing/romatic time. This will be a suprise trip from my partner's big 5-0 so I need to schedule the entire itinerary by myself :-) So, we love people watching, seing places (buildings, alleys, charming set ups), wander around, some nature (but not strenous), beach. Also we are not really foodies with exception of street food and trying something different. We will be based somewhere close to AAArena. So my very rough itinerary is as follows:

Wed 7th: arriving afternoon and heading straight to apartment then to the game. Where can we go after the game for a walk and a leasurly drink to get first experience of night-time Miami (but no clubbing)?

Thur 8th: Downtown, Little Havana - will we have time for South Beach as well?

Fri 9th: Everglades, than game at 7.30pm (will we have enough time in Everglades?)

Sat and Sun. totally open. I was thinking maybe renting a car and drive to Key West or would it be more relaxing to continue exploring Miami? Maybe some ideas? I don't know how warm/hot it is but if no swimming is possible than I don't see us laying on the beach all day. The plane leaves on Sun @ 8pm.

We don't mind walking a lot, are used to being around all day so usually we have quite packed itineraries as we would like to see as much as possible (but still not rush, to be able to feel and breath in the experience).

Thank you very much for all ideas.

4 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

ME>

The basketball arena is in a city setting - no beach - but a beachfront hotel in South Beach may be more appealing to you. Travel time to the game is about 20 minutes by Uber, Lyft, taxi or bus.

Look at a few hotel websites to see what sort of atmosphere appeals to you. Enter your trip dates into the TripAdvisor search engine for post code 33131 (near the game in the city) or 33139 (near the beach by the sea).

AG

Europe
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

Thanks do advice regarding hotel, I will look into it. Any advice regarding itinerary?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help

I would add Wynwood as a place to wander during the day. Great wall art and restaurants.

You will want a rental car for your trip to the Everglades.

Look at Islamorada for your night in the Keys. Not as far advance Key West but very different from Miami. You will get nice views and opportunities to snorkel, sunset cruise, etc.

Amarillo TX
Level Contributor
455 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help

If you want beach front - you should look into condos - like vrbo, homeaway or other sites like airbnb. Much cheaper than a hotel. Also - double check your trip to Keys. We too were planning a day - and basically with the hurricanes, where we were going is gone! So be sure where you want is built back up.

Reply to: Itinerary help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted