We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving

uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
driving

would love to drive around southern florida in nov/dec in a convertible. any advice gratefully received..or is this just a really bad idea?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,808 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving

Bill>

It will be Absolutely sublime!

Enjoy.

AG

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving

The best way to tour South Florida is in a car. Most American car rental agencies have Ford Mustang or other convertible models available. Parking is expensive at many hotels, so don't forget to budget for that.

uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving

thanks for your replies. i was mainly thinking about the problems

with security when driving a convertible. do you have any thoughts on this?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving

I would not leave anything in plain view in a parked car whether it is a convertible or hard top. I guess convertibles can be less secure, but it is common in the US for thieves to break windows to get into locked cars. The best thing is to leave your things in your hotel room while you drive around.

5. Re: driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, August 17, 2009