We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go out in Dowtown Miami, Advisor Girl?

CT
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Where to go out in Dowtown Miami, Advisor Girl?

Hi, going to the Heat game on Fri March 16th and would like to go out in Dowtown Miami after the game. Going out in SoBe on Thurs, Sat, and Sun night already, checking out John Martins for St Pattys Day on Sat afternoon, Mikes Venetia Irish Pub Friday pregame, maybe a trip to the Hard Rock in Hollywood, and we would like to go out Downtown 1 night. I have heard of some great places to go Downtown (thru Advisor Girl, thank you!!). (I/O Lounge, Twillo, Studio A, Pawn Shop) Are there others as well? What is the "best" of these spots for Fri night, I see that Studio A has a 1 yr anniversary party scheduled on Fri 3/16, will that be good?

Are these places in a good, safe walking area, somewhat close to each other if we want to check out a couple (or for me, all) of them? Are there any good maps online of the area and downtown? If we are without a car what is the safest and easiest way to get to this area, bus, taxicab, walk? We plan on taking the S Bus from South Beach to Bayside for the game, we will have a car but not taking it because we will be drinking quite heavily pre and post game.

I have found so many great ideas for our trip on this site, thank you so much everyone, and a special thanks to Advisor Girl!!! I am counting the days till March 15th and getting out of freezing cold and expecting more snow this week Connecticut!!

Bob

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,808 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go out in Dowtown Miami, Advisor Girl?

Bobby>

Miami is a daytime city - not like NYC. At 6pm, a large portion of the daytime workforce retreats to the suburbs. I'll try to help you do this without a car, but you can also park free behind Tobacco Road and do all the Downtown stuff then designate someone to drive back from Toacco Road (closes 5 am).

The area around the Heat Arena is under heavy construction and near a homeless shelter. There is a great deal of street life... During games it is very well patrolled by Miami's finest. Once it gets late - you are on your own. Public transportation is not always relaible - so take a taxi home...

Cool junkie has links to maps of all the clubs.

www.miamidade.gov/transit/moverstations.asp

You can take the S bus & exit Government Center - switch to Brickell Metromover loop and exit the Riverwalk Station.

PreGame at Tobacco Road - http://www.tobacco-road.com/

and either eat a burger there or dine on the MOST delicious seafood in Miami next door at the River Oyster Bar (more money - really good food and Happy Hour pricing Fridays after work!!) www.therivermiami.com

Get on Metromover Riverwalk heading to Downtown on the Brickell line - get off Bayside- right at the Arena.

Pawn Shop is west of the arena.

Take taxi or get on Metromover Omni line and exit 11th Street

The Anniversary at Studio A will be great - www.studioamiami.com/

is on 60NE 11th Street.

Taxi home.

AG

2. Re: Where to go out in Dowtown Miami, Advisor Girl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:24 am, August 26, 2009