We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather on a Caribbean Cruise

lorneville, nb...
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather on a Caribbean Cruise

Boarding in Miami on Feb 25 for a 7 day cruise. Going to Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, returning to Miami. Question: If all goes well with sunny weather, what can we expect for heat out on the water? Will it be breezy on the boat? Im just wondering how many pairs of long pants to pack....Im hoping one pair, for dinner, and that's it...

The water temp looks to be into or heading into the 80's, but whats the air temp like once you get out into open water?

midwest
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather on a Caribbean Cruise

My expereince is that it tends to be breezy on the open waters. Fine when the sun is out. How about capri pants as a compromise, for evenings on the deck, & a light jacket or sweater? I always tend to be on the cold side, tho.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,019 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather on a Caribbean Cruise

I think during the day it should be quite warm. That far south is going to be much warmer than even Miami. Evenings may get a little cool and breezy especially if there are any rain showers or extra cloudiness. I think the previous post about the capri's is a good idea. I even use those during the summer. Pants should be light weight. I don't think you will need anything heavy. I get cold easily so I always take a light sweater or long sleeved shirt I can wear as sometimes the dining area can be cold too. Especially if you have a sunburn.

3. Re: Weather on a Caribbean Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 25, 2009