We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

iowa
3 posts
Save Topic
never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

Two 30 something females traveling to Miami for the first time. Where is a nice but reasonable place to stay? Where are the good clubs-we love to party. Can anyone help??

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

Humm, that is the problem. There is nothing really "reasonable" in South Beach, which is where all the action is. But, you can stay in North Miami Beach/Sunny Isles area and save a bunch of cash and just take the public buses into South Beach. Plus, this will save you from having to park your car down in South Beach and run up a huge parking bill. Not sure on the best clubs, as we don't go to them anymore. But, you are in for a real treat when it comes to the beaches. They are some of the best we've visited, especially in the North Miami Beach section. I personally didn't like South Beach because it was TOO much of a party scene and the beach wasn't as pretty as it had too much people traffic on it so the sand wasn't as nice. We stayed at the 19201 Collins Ave. section which has a fabulous beach and the bus is right across the street. If you mind riding the bus though, this isn't a good place for you. But, it is considerably cheaper than SoBe.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

I used to live in North Miami Beach and I personally think its the best place to stay because it is affordable and you are right in the middle between south beacha nd ft lauderdale.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

I stayed at the Holiday Inn South Beach, which was pretty reasonable and not too bad. I think I paid 90 dollars a night through Priceline. It is on 21st and Collins, which is only a 20 minute walk to get to the very end of South Beach where most of the clubs are (sometimes walking is faster than driving.) Clubs change all the time so I can't even begin to tell you where to go, but Ocean Drive and Washington Blvd have lots of nightclubs, and chances are, if you see a line of people outside the door, it's the happening club for the month. But remember in Miami, image is everything, so prepare to dress up a bit.

Ware, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

I booked two rooms at the Holiay Inn South Beach today for a total of $121 for memorial day. That's a pretty good price. Try priceline

miami,fl
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

Best clubs in south beach are crobar, opium gardens and mango's. If you want to party into the morning hours the place to go is space in downtown miami get there at 5:00 am.

texas
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

My bestfriend and I will be in Miami on May 26 we want to go to the hip-hop clubs. Does anyone know of any? thanks

Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: never been to Miami! Nice beaches, clubs and love to...

we went last year and was very disappointed. South Beach is very dirty with numerous homeless people around the area. Everything was very expensive. My wife and I bought 2 Corona's at one of the hotels on ocean drive and paid $8.00 per beer. All the clubs will cost you about $50 per couple. Plus the drinks in the clubs are crazy expensive. We ended up buying beer at the Amoco on washington Dr. and got drunk at our hotel before going out. Do take a trip downtown by the Miami Heat basketball stadium. That was fun. We ended up on our last day there renting a jeep wrangler. We took the top off and headed to the Keys. Stopped at some of beaches on the keys and had a great time. The trip to the Keys made the whole trip worth while. Good luck.