We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lights in Your Face at Night

Lebanon, Tennessee...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lights in Your Face at Night

We LOVE Mexico Beach. However, have any of you noticed how awful it's getting on the beach at night? You can't sit out on the sand and enjoy a gorgeous moonlit night for any length of time before the parades of flashlights/searchlights take over. About as far from relaxing as it gets, unfortunately.

Joplin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lights in Your Face at Night

We are at Mexico Beach right now and I have not noticed a "parade of flashlights/searchlights". I would describe it as kids and parents alike hunting crabs and having good, clean, wholesome fun. I have actually enjoyed watching the kids do this and it is relaxing to watch. It isn't in excess, they are usually cleared out by 10 for the most part. I would much rather see this than the drunken partying you see on other beaches. It is beautiful here and I love to see everyone enjoy themselves at the beach!

Lebanon, Tennessee...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lights in Your Face at Night

Agreed, it's much more preferable than drunk college kids falling all over you, lol. However, we've been coming to MB for almost 15 years, and where it used to be a peaceful balance of crab hunters along the surf, and moonlight watchers, etc. on the dry sand, now some of the crabbers (lots, but not all of them) make a swath of lights the entire width of the beach. During our last stay, we saw several people of all ages come sadly back off the beach after being literally walked into and stumbled over by members of the light brigade. Maybe we just had a few clueless families that week, who knows. Just wish the parents would teach their kids how to be considerate of others while having fun...plenty of room for everyone to enjoy the beach in their own way!

3. Re: Lights in Your Face at Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mexico Beach
Recent Conversations