We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining on the water

Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
dining on the water

Will be in Melbourne beach for one night and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a reasonably priced restaurant on the water with good food. Thanx

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,031 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining on the water

Sand on the Beach is about the only true beachside restaurant located right on the ocean. Food is ok, but for the money is not on my list of places I recommend. Also bring a flashlight it dining at night as most of the lighting comes from candlelight so they don't disturb the turtle nesting. You are littleraly steps for the sand.

Squid Lips and Grills which are on the Indian River have better food, live entertainment and better food. Ichabods in Downtown Melbourne is also right on the water and is not bad but is basic bar food.

Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining on the water

Thanks so much for the info. Have you eaten at the Yellow Dog Cafe?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,031 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining on the water

I have not but know people who have. Everyone seems to like it a lot however it's very expensive. Its not reasonably priced even for lunch. They have valet parking if that tells you anything.

Va
Level Contributor
34 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dining on the water

Sounds like squid lips and grill will be perfect for us. Thanx for the info!

5. Re: dining on the water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne Beach