We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GOOD place to eat near I-95

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
GOOD place to eat near I-95

I am looking for a nice place to eat near I-95 in the Melbourne area. I have an all day seminar in Palm Beach Gardens and want a place to stop and have some dinner, and get off the road a bit on my trip back to J-ville. I saw a place called Asian Too which was voted best in Asian cuisine in “Best of Brevard 2006” anyone familiar with this place… is it the “best”

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GOOD place to eat near I-95

I'm not familiar with Asian Too altho I have heard it is good. Near the Palm Bay (Malabar Road exit) just south of Melbourne there is a Texas Road House and a Sonny's BBQ. Both have good food. The Palm Bay Road exit has an Applebees, Carraba's and an Outback within about 3 miles. The Melbourne exit really doesn't have anything close to I-95. You will have to drive into town. There is a TGI Fridays and a Smokey Bones about 6 miles from I-95. If you go about 10 to 15 minutes north to the Viera exit Asian Too is located there as well as a Longhorn Steakhouse, Chili's, Cracker Barrel and a few other restaurants. You will need to go west when you exit I-95 and follow the road around the curve to the right to The Avenues Shopping Center, That is where the better shops and restaurants are located.

Also an FYI-there is about 10 miles of road construction (widening

I-95) from Rockledge south to Viera. It is 1 lane in some areas. They are working on the road at night too so police are pretty thick in this area.

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GOOD place to eat near I-95

Bornwithwheels...Thanks for the traffic heads up, I was hoping to avoid the large chain restaurants, but your suggestions were good, we have Sonny's up here and they are one of my favorites so if I dont here an affermative review of Asian Too it will be BBQ.

Thanks again

orlando burb
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GOOD place to eat near I-95

if you scoot up to titusville on the garden street exit there is dixie crossroads....seafood

http://www.dixiecrossroads.com/

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GOOD place to eat near I-95

Thanks for the suggestion, this is a definate maybe. We have been to Dixie Crossroads several time and enjoyed very much... thanks again.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GOOD place to eat near I-95

OK you are going to owe me after this one. The next exit after Eau Gallie Blvd. ( A flea market is on the left at Eau Gallie) is Wickham road. If you exit to the right and go about a mile you will see a Carabbas on the left. In that strip mall is The Tuscany Grill. It is a wonderful intimate place to eat. I moved from Melbourne in August and already miss it.

My daughter goes to school at UNF and in all my visits I have not found a JAX treasure.

6. Re: GOOD place to eat near I-95

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 23, 2009