We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vrbo.com

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
78 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
vrbo.com

I am thinking of using vrbo.com for a trip to Marco Island this March 2007. Does anyone have any thing good or bad to say about this web site. Thank-you.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vrbo.com

VRBO has a very good reputation for vacation rentals. The homes are privately owned and maintained to a very high standard. You usually contact the individual owners directly.

A owner should be collecting taxes from you if they are on the up and up.

Have fun on your vacation.

Marco Island,FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vrbo.com

Just using Google to search for Marco Island Rentals will also find many fine houses and condos.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,927 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vrbo.com

I have used vrbo.com and have had good and bad experiences. Most have been good. The one bad one was a rental with plumbing problems, had to spend most of our vacation with plumbing drains backing up around our ankles in the shower and waiting on the plumber to show up. The owner lived up north and altho we maide many phone calls about not being able to use the plumbing and not being able to leave because of waiting for the plumber she would not refund even a portion of our money. Since you rent directly from the owner and not a management company there is little you can do if there are problems.

On the other hand I've had hotels do the same thing but a least with them we had used american express and they helped us get a refund from the hotel.

I'm sure most owners are on the up and up but there are some bad apples out there.

Marco Island,FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vrbo.com

Don't be afraid to leave bad reviews of particular rentals in the forums and vica versa for good rentals.

I do realize that sometimes difficulties do occur. We keep our houses well maintained, but yet the AC, pool heater, and appliances do break down. Hopefully no one will crucify an owner who remedies problems quickly.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vrbo.com

I have had good luck with vrbo for Marco private homes. Using it again this year.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vrbo.com

I have had good luck with vrbo for Marco private homes. Using it again this year.

7. Re: vrbo.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island