We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in December

Hi, my family is looking considering a trip at Christmas time and were wondering what the weather and beaches were like at that time? We've stayed towards the northern end of the gulf, Clearwater and Panama City Beach but never further south. I'm hoping for warmer weather, anything is better than NW Indiana in December! ;-) Anyways, any information would be helpful, places to stay, eat and play. Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

Can't predict. On occasion, there is a "cold front" that comes in and the weather could be quite "brisk". Other times, beach weather.

For the most part, you will see "locals" wearing slacks and tourists in shorts.

It will, though, be warmer than Clearwater/Panama City.

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

butterflyaway - Thanks for the information. Husband had suggested the Clearwater or PC area but I told him it might be a bit chilly at that time of year...that's why I thought of Marco Island being further south. Anyways, thanks again!

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

For Marco if a cold front comes in with a lot of wind, it won't be comfortable around the beaches. During those days a private pool sheltered from the wind by a house can be the best bet.

In January:

Marco average high 77

Tampa average high 72

Panama City average high 64

Marco average low 56

Tampa average high 52

Panama City average high 40

In December and January, every mile that you can go farther South, the better!

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December

MarcoHomes -

"In December and January, every mile that you can go farther South, the better!"

I couldn't agree with you more on that one..especially when you live in Indiana! ;-) Thanks for your help.

5. Re: Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 27, 2009