We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Marco Island or....

United States
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Marco Island or....

I am having a hard time picking a resort for our summer vacation. We love Disney World and visit there yearly but this year we want a beach vacation. We are looking for a very nice resort with modern amenities and good service. We want a great beach with beach service as well. Great restaurants but I don't want to have to get too dressed up. Nice capris and sandals is my planned attire. We will have a car. I like upscale but not stuffy. Tropical feeling pool area and maybe some music. We have a 21 and 15 year old. I don't want to feel like I am surrounded by supermodels either. I am not as slim as I would like to be and don't want to feel out of place.

So, we have it down to 4 resorts.

Marco Island Marriott

Sandpearl in Clearwater

La Playa in Naples

Pier House in Key West

Any advice? Anyone been to more than one of these resorts to compare?

London, United...
Level Contributor
981 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Marco Island or....

IMHO the Marriott would meet your requirements, but if you read through the topics on this forum you will find that general opinion is that there is not a lot for young people to do at night. If you're looking for night life too, Marco is not for you.

Edited: 4:58 am, April 03, 2014
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Marco Island or....

For your first trip to Marco I always recommend the Marco Hilton or Marco Marriott. It gives you a great place to relax and start to learn about the Marco lifestyle and living.

IMO a family can spend a week at either hotel and not want to leave off the premises. Only you know if that is possible.

When I do a Marco condo beach vacation I am on the beach 8+ hours a day and never get off the island!!! I'm exhausted by 9PM. (After drinks, sunset, shower, drinks, dinner, condo, bed)

3. Re: Marriott Marco Island or....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island