We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

It has been remodeled ... GREAT ... Stop by and see the new owner Mike Duncan .. he has renovated the place (Yeah) .. wants it to be a spring break place for adults.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

It had reopened (renovated) in June . . . Is this another renovation?

Oh, and I REALLY hope it's not going to be the equivalent of a spring break place for adults . . . UGHH! Didn't seem to be when we were there, so I guess there's hope. I like the chill, laid back atmosphere that it has always been!!

Edited: 12:39 pm, November 20, 2013
yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

It's already on my list of food places.... Thanks to a heads up to you both..... Will be in Marco from 3rd December. Am so looking forward to it....as you guys know!!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

Here is the link ... from the local newspaper ... it was published 18 hours ago ...

marcoislandflorida.com/article/…

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

123 Bayshore Way

Goodland, FL 34140

(239) 394-8818

marker8goodland.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

We went there last year, and were not impressed. The place seemed none too clean and attitude a bit sloppy. However, when we were leaving the owner told us it was his last day and he was closing.

Tried to get there this May, but it was closed for (much needed) renovation. Would welcome feedback on how it is now. Hopefully we'll make it next year.

Edited: 7:44 pm, November 20, 2013
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

We really enjoyed it in June - great food & okay service. I say "okay" because there was nothing special about it, but it was fine and got the job done - I go for the food anyway & don't care much about the service unless it is really bad! We LOVED the food at Marker 8 and found 8 1/2 to be the same!

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
898 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

We visited three times in August this year (once just for drinks, twice to eat). We thoroughly enjoyed the location, atmosphere, friendly service and good food. It was only after looking at the article linked above I realised he was the owner, but Mike Duncan came to see us at our table after one of our meals for a chat and ask us how our food was - a nice touch.

Edited: 6:35 am, November 21, 2013
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

I think the "spring break place" comment is a natural comment to say about "Goodland" Florida. Goodland is an alternative universe type place ... not your basic Marco Island neighborhood.

Stan's Idle Hour bar/restaurant, a stones throw away, is today a "spring break place for adults"!!!!! An 18 -24 year old would not want to be caught there!!! But I'm sure many are dragged there.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

Clare1066 , Did try to warn you back in April when we visited, it was proper grotty! It seems to be all a matter of taste and standards. I should think a new owner and refurbishment are just what it needs ! Many folk seem to think grubby and poor service is acceptable if the view is amazing??

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marco Island Goodland ... Marker 8.5 Opens

Hmmmm . . . What to say about the last post?? Well, I guess I'm going to keep it nice and just say that A) I don't think the view is amazing, I think it is nice, therefore I am CERTAINLY not a Marker 8 fan due to the view, B) I would never go somewhere just for the amazing view anyway, and C) Ithink Marker 8 has always had incredible food at incredible prices with decent service. I am sorry you have not had the wonderful experiences that we have at Marker 8!