We had an awesome time, but unfortunately we stayed at the Radisson which they are indeed closing and blowing it up sometime after July 10th. Get out if you can, it is majorly neglected.
But on the up side, here are my tips if you are going:
The sea shell hunting was awesome right off the beach, we walked every morning around 8:00ish and we found amazing medium sized conchs, zillions of other shells. We also picked perfect sand dollars right off the bottom of Gulf at low tide (you can buy Sand Dollar hardner at Walgreens to get the sand dollars home)
Charter Fishing: My husband and son booked a charter with Captain Chris Keagle (K Gull Charters 239-537-5268), they were gone all day and they caught some really big ones for a very reasonable price ($250) I hightly recommend calling him to book your own fishing excursion.
Tin City was great in Naples, there are a lot of boutique type shops and restaurants, it was good thing to get out of the sun for a couple of hours.
Marco Island Top 5 Restaurants
1. Cathy O'Clarke's Irish Pub - everything is homemade, even the bread, Grouper Sandwich - Awesome (we ate there 3 times)
2. Ne Ne's Kitchen - great breakfast, clean and quaint, great prices
3. Hoot's - another great breakfast, great prices (local's favorite)
4. Porky's Last Stand - great ribs and bbq, huge portions - get there early it get's crowded
5. Captain Briens Seafood - brought in our own fish from fishing trip and they cooked them up with all the fixings
Lot's of hours at the beach, it is one of the most beautiful I have ever been to.