We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pontoon boat rentals wk of June 24th-shelling/sharing

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Pontoon boat rentals wk of June 24th-shelling/sharing

Heading to Marco Island the 24th for the week at the Hilton. Any good suggestions for pontoon boat rentals (quality,fair price) to go boating/shelling/cruising for the day- seems like it's almost the same price to rent your own boat as it is to sign up for an excursion. We have a deck boat at home, but pontoons seem to be better on the gulf. We have 3-two adults and 9 yr old (rest of family staying home!) so don't need a large boat. May even consider a share.

dleslie66@yahoo.com

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pontoon boat rentals wk of June 24th-shelling/sharing

we are headed down there tomorrow and plan to do the same thing. I will let you know what we end up with.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pontoon boat rentals wk of June 24th-shelling/sharing

FYI ... I don't believe any pontoon renting company allows you to go into the Gulf of Mexico. There is a lot of backwater to see and travel to!!!

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
861 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pontoon boat rentals wk of June 24th-shelling/sharing

Agree with MarcoRed - we have rented numerous pontoon boats from Marco / capri over the years and the rental agreement is always very clear - 'you will not take the boat into the Gulf'!

You can however access gulf beaches - Keywaydin island is a popular destination - tie your boat up on the backwater side of the barrier island, and take the short walk across to the Gulf. Do be aware of tide conditions when you do this - if the tide is falling, you could end up with a stranded pontoon if you leave it fro an hour or so!

We generally rent from Marco Rose Marina (0ff Bald Eagle Drive) as they have a loyalty scheme for repeat renters. There are other boatyards whose rental rates are cheaper for 1st time customers I believe.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pontoon boat rentals wk of June 24th-shelling/sharing

I like Capt. Charlie at Isles of Capri Marina.

5. Re: Pontoon boat rentals wk of June 24th-shelling/sharing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island