We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wayne, PA.
Level Contributor
56 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

Hello,

I will be visiting Marco Island (first time) at the end of March: I was wondering what the cost is for transportation from the airport to the island--just one-way--as my girlfriend will be able to drive me back to the airport later in the week.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Gus

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

I just used Canary Taxi, last week, to go to RSW from Marco ... $65 without tip ..

239-325-7207

Hearsay .... I was told if you don't call them in advance then it is $20 more .... I believe .. they use their cars and you get the $65 rate ... once these cars get booked then they use "friendly" drivers to drive you at $20 more.

Alternative ... Classic Taxi 239-394-1888 also a good company.

Edited: 12:29 pm, January 31, 2013
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

Tip ... If you can avoid it .. don't use the monoply airport RSW taxi drivers ... take you to Marco ... they are expensive.

Edited: 12:31 pm, January 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

I have used Jack's Airport Taxi. Great guy and reasonable rates. Very reliable

http://jacksairporttaxi.com

Wayne, PA.
Level Contributor
56 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

Thanks to all for this info!

This is my first time visiting Marco Island...and I appreciate your replies!

Gus

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

I've gone with Classic Taxi a few times and the price was about $60-65. With tip it cost me about $80 if I can remember correctly. I had no complaints about their service.

6. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:32 am, February 07, 2013
Edited: 7:32 am, February 07, 2013
7. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:33 am, February 07, 2013
Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

We used Canary from Ft Meyers Airport to Marco for $65 + 20% tip ... and back. Highly recommended! They were on time and service was excellent. No hidden fees. You can also use them around Marco for $6 per trip - we stayed local and did not use this service. Would use them again.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

Tip: I'll state the obvious ... you can't arrive at RSW ... and call them at the baggage claim and get a taxi to Marco (you could but the chance that a driver doesn't have a fare and is sitting at the airport is high risk). Also the reverse ... you won't have success with getting a taxi if you call the company 2 hours before your flight leaves at RSW.

So ... call them at least a day or two in advance to set up a time to go to and from RSW. THey have limited drivers and cars.

10. Re: Transportation from Ft. Meyers Airport to Marco Island?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 06, 2014