We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is alcohol allowed...

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lob
New York
Level Contributor
840 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is alcohol allowed...

on the beach? Can we pack a cooler with non-glass bottles? Are coolers even permitted??

London, United...
Level Contributor
925 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is alcohol allowed...

Sign by beach access from Marriott says 'Coolers and glass containers are not permitted on the beach.' I personally have never seen anyone with a cooler on the beach.

Edited: 4:20 am, May 02, 2012
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is alcohol allowed...

What??? We see people with coolers (including ourselves) ALL the time on South Beach! We also see people with beer, but most (like ourselves) keep it discreet and don't cause a scene or get drunk. We are very respectful of all the other people/families on the beach, as well as the beach itself. It may be a rule, but I don't think it is one that is heavily enforced.

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
871 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is alcohol allowed...

I agree with Marcomamma - we see dozens of coolers on South Beach - we always take one with us, though only containing soft drinks through preference rather to conform to local by-laws.

London, United...
Level Contributor
925 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is alcohol allowed...

OK . i'm probably too busy watching the pelicans, spotting other bird life, and just enjoying the view to look for coolers!

lob
New York
Level Contributor
840 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is alcohol allowed...

Thanks everyone.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is alcohol allowed...

Your question should have been "is anything allowed"....lol.

Just do as MarcoMamma suggests. Respect those around you, don't act stupid and you should be fine.

Edited: 11:25 pm, May 05, 2012
7. Re: Is alcohol allowed...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 22, 2013