We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island Eateries

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Island Eateries

Will be in Marco Island for a week in July and want to know if anyone can provide reviews on the following restaurants that we are interested in: Capt Briens, Cafe De Marco, Arturos and Tide Beach bar and grill. Also, anyone who has stayed at the Radisson who can give us a head up, would be appreciated. I have received the Marco Island Chamber of Commerce publication and they have an article about Stingrays and how to avoid them, does Marco Island have a problem with Stingrays around their beaches? Have been to many parts of Florida, never encountered Stingrays, is this something we need to be concerned about for our daughter at Marco Island?

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Marco Island Eateries

Hi We have been going to Marco Island with our young children for 4 years now, and we have never encountered stingrays.

I suggest you go just down the road to Bimini's, the food is good and they have a babysitting/ playroom so the kids can play before or after they eat and you can enjoy a leisurly meal. They only require a tip. I agree with most regarding the listed restaurants. For family friendly good food

try Porky's it is good southern BBQ and the kids love the food too. We stay at a condo on the beach so I can't help with the accomodation part. You will love Marco Island, the hotels are really pricy but to stay in a two bedroom two bath condo is really reasonable, especially when you are going. They are really lovely , on the beach and great swimming pools. Have a great trip.

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Marco Island Eateries

Just got back from Marco Island Sunday. This was my first trip there, very nice. I stayed at the Hilton, Radisson was next door. Looked o.k. Ate at Capt Briens, seafood was unbelievably fresh and delicious but the attitude of the staff made me feel like I was doing them a favor - Bartenders and waitress. By far the best meal we had for the week was at Arturos. The place had a great atmosphere and the food was unbelievable. I had the Stuffed Veal Chop - they are famous for their stuffed pork chop which I am sure would be just as good. My wife had a pasta dish and loved it. We also enjoyed going into Naples - about a half hour drive - great shops and Resturaunts. We also drove over to the Marriott and had lunch there one day- very nice place - $8.00 to park

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Marco Island Eateries

We stayed in Marco Island Augst 8-10th, and found Arturo's to be the best dining experience we had. Snooks was a dump and so was the food quality. Capt. Briens Seasfood was at best mediocre in food quality, service okay, but a rip off so called "comedy show". These are NO WAY close to professional comedy acts, it wasn't worth the $15 cover. The guitar player was very good during cocktail hour there. Best is to just save your money and look elsewhere on the island.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Marco Island Eateries

This post was over five months old.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Marco Island Eateries

Shamrock:

"This post is over 5 months old!". And your point being???????

this is always a great forum and no matter how old the post is, it is still informative.

As for the Marco Restaurants and our trip in July. We ended up staying at the Hilton.

Konrad's: Great food, pricey and must dress for dinner.

Capt Briens: Waited for over 20 minutes to be seated and the place was pretty much deserted. We went in for an early meal, so we arrived around 5:00. The Hostess was too busy talking on the phone to pay any attention to the fact that there were 3 people standing there waiting to be seated. Once seated, we decided that we had wasted enough of our time there. We were at our table for at least 15 minutes and never saw a server.

Arturos: Absolutetly Fabulous! Incredible food, wonderful atmosphere and great servers. Went there 3 times.

Snook Inn: sat outside, bothered greatly by flies, slow service and so-so food.

Blue Fusion: Garish Decor and overpriced.

Sandcastles at the Hilton: Overpriced, food just ok but friendly service.

Tide Beachfront Bar and Grill: Led to a table outside as soon as we walked in. Again this was around 5:00 in the afternoon. Only one other table in the whole restaurant occupied. A couple of servers circled our table, walked by and after 20 minutes of no one bothering to wait on us, we left.

26. Re: Marco Island Eateries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 pm, August 20, 2009