We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon on Marco

West Chester, PA
6 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon on Marco

Hi! My fiance and I will be taking our honeymoon from May 29th-June 5th on Marco at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We hear it's a beautiful, relaxing place and that's just what we are looking for. Does anyone have any good suggestions for restaurants? My fiance LOVES seafood. Also, any good night life spots (we are 23 and 29) that are within driving distance?(we are renting a car) Also, can we see dolphins or wildlife anywhere on the island? We might want to take a tour or something. Thanks for the help!!

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
1,423 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon on Marco

Congratulations and you couldn't have picked a better place for a honeymoon. We go to Marco all the time and would love to try it once without children. (Not gonna happen for quite a few years.) We're pretty much beach bums, but I do know there are all kinds of tours to the Everglades and out thru the smaller island chains. If nothing else, your resort can give you info and help you book. Seafood restaurants are everywhere. Our favorites are Captain Brien's (within walking distance of your resort) they now have an after dinner hour comedy club. Stan's Idle Hour on Goodland Island (about a 10 minute drive) is great seafood at incredible prices. Live entertainment and one big party on their huge deck. The Little Bar Restaurant (make a reservation) and Crabby Lady are also on Goodland. Cathy O'Clarke's is an Irish Pub with traditional Irish food and nightly seafood fests - Lobster on Tues, Shrimp on Thurs. It's also within walking distance. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Stan's Idle Hour
Stan's Idle Hour
77 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Goodland
Goodland
Marco Island, FL
Little Bar Restaurant
Little Bar Restaurant
1,174 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
West Chester, PA
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon on Marco

Thanks so much!!

florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon on Marco

For nightspots on Friday or Saturday, try Porky's. The Friday night band, Jezebel, is great.

You might also want to spend an evening on Fifth Ave. in Naples. Yabbas is a good spot....but there are many restaurants there and it's great just for strolling.

Dolphins are often seen from the beach. There are a few different type of boat excursions that you can take and probablly will see them. There also are Everglades boat and airboat trip. For a longer ride, I love Shark Valley (no sharks there), part of the Everglads National Park. You will see lots of wildlife. Not dolphins...'gators and birds.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Mahwah, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon on Marco

Marco Island is an awesome spot for a very relaxing honeymoon! Stay out on the beach and check out the sunset one night. You will be pleased with Marco. It is not exactly a nite time hot spot, but great beaches, great weather and hotels, and great restaurants.

For exellent Italian food go to Arturo's. Owners are from NYC area, and really know authentic Italian food. For a more casual seafood dining experience, go to Pelican Bend, in Isle of Capri. It is a 10 minute car ride from Marco. Awesome sauteed fresh Grouper, and many other fish specialties. Everything caught fresh daily in the local waters. The place is actually right on the boat dock In Capri.(don't forget the Key lime Pie, or Peanut butter Pie for desert.)

You'll enoy Marco, I went there with my wife when we first were married, and have been going back for 18 years, (and three kids later). Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Arturo's Italian Restaurant
Arturo's Italian...
830 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon on Marco

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I love Marco - and it's a beautiful and RELAXING place for a HM.

As far as restaurants - for Italian, I've always favored Arturo's. For seafood - Kretch's, hand's down. However, the ambiance is slightly lacking (the food makes up for it) if you're looking for a 'romantic' dinner. Marek's Collier House is very good - and quite lovely as well. For lunch - Snook's. It's right on the water and we always see Dolphins swimming near by. For breakfast - Breakfast Plus is a must. It's just awesome. (You'll want to go back more than once.)

Since you have the rental car - maybe take a ride down the Everglades and go for an air boat ride. We've done it almost every time we visit and never get tired of it. If memory serves me correctly, we always used Captain Dougs (it's been a while - so I could be wrong on that one). We saw a manatee once or twice and it was just incredible!

I'd also recommend Stan's on a Sunday afternoon for drinks - live music - and lots of fun.

Another thing we always make time to do is take a ride in to Naples and walk around the shops (and have lunch) at Tin City.

Hope this helps and, again, congratulations to you.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Arturo's Italian Restaurant
Arturo's Italian...
830 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Marek's Bar and Bistro
Marek's Bar and Bistro
542 Reviews
Marco Island, FL
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Tin City
Tin City
836 Reviews
Naples, FL
florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon on Marco

Also want to mention Capt. Brien's for seafood and they now have a comedy club at 9:30PM Thursday through the weekend.

West Chester, PA
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon on Marco

Thanks to all of you! We are so excited and can't wait! Your posts have been very helpful. We actually booked our trip for 10 days, which is even better!