We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody Else Got the Bug???

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody Else Got the Bug???

Jackie, Unsure, MarcoRed, anybody else got that itch?? I so wanna go across the Jolly!! It's what gets me through the school year! I get to cross the Jolly at some point! Unfortunately, not this year for us! First time ever my school's Spring Break doesn't match the kids!!! (Daughter's senior year we can't go to Marco. Ahhhh!!!) You can't imagine the tears that have been shed!! Both hers and mine! But, we will return!!

MN
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

Early spring break for me.........we are arriving Feb 27 and staying until March 10!! Can't wait as it is mighty cold here.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

I am pathetic. I think about Marco EVERY day. Of course, it doesn't help that we are in the midst of another snowfall tonight with subzero temps in the picture for the remainder of the week. YUK!

Our next planned trip across the bridge to Marco will happen in April. The kids do have a small break the end of February. I have been trying to justify a quick trip then to Marco for me and my daughter. I will admit that I was searching for air fare tonight...

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

In Marco from April 16th to April 25th staying at Surf Club.

Can't come soon enough..especially with the weather we've been having in Halifax.

1st time in Marco for our 20 month old girl.

Will be very fun this year.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

My last trip to MOIS was over Christmas and New Year ... AND my next trip is in early March for 9 days.

My latest new memory of Marco involves my older parents (part-time Marco Residents). When they came over the Jolley, in Jan 2009, at the very peak of the bridge they starting clapping like little kids. They were clapping and saying ... "Yes we are back". We asked them how long they have been doing this youthful gesture and they said "Every time, we first come back to the Island".

I think I just found a new Jolley ritual. I hope to continue on this excitement for as long as I live.

new england
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

I am personally dying here to get down there.

We have not been since last year when we met up with JackiePaddy.

I have found some nice homes, but school vacation for us is the week after Easter. So guess what that does to the prices for the only two weeks we could go in April!

Airlines fees are over $1000 from Boston, Manchester, and Portland Maine.

With the price of the home, airfare, and car rental...it's looking like we may not be going till the fall, if at all this year.

Oh well...maybe Orlando in March...............YUKKKK

hahahahaha

I want warmth, fishing, sun, dolphins, Caxambas pass and a beer!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

Come on, Kevin...I'll race you to Jack's...I wish...we too think this may be our first year since 1993 that we may not visit Marco. Can't believe I'm even saying that. Haven't told the boys yet. Spring Break is April 18-25 at our house. At least that's after Easter. Airfares are killing our ability to enjoy that drive across the Jolley.

Is the boat still sinking off The Snook Inn?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

We're victims of "No Child Left Behind!" My school district, where we only teach to "The Test" decided it would be better to break earlier and give us more teaching time before the test. I'm the testing coordinator, so I have to be there. Unfortunately, the MORONS in charge picked my daughters senior year of high school to change the schedule. The hours we have cried because in this year of "last everythings" there won't be a last trip to Marco! I was tempted to call in sick for an entire week to make it work. However, I'm not a very good liar. For kid's spring break, hubby will be taking them to California for a grand tour. (He lives between L.A. and New York.) Daughter's already complaining that "Daddy's friends have our whole trip planed!" That would be a round of Hollywood A-list parties, and laying on the beach at Malibu. Oh poor baby! However, they'd still rather be going to Marco!! I guess I raised them right!

London, United...
Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

Oh Turnerbudd! I was hoping that there would be a miraculous recovery of the £. and we would be able to get to Marco in early June, my favourite time there. Also , alas, more surgery needed for my knee, but I KNOW I will walk that beach again one day without pain.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

Clare - we have to reschedule for June/.July. Can't do March. E-mail me when you're going!! Would absolutely love to do do when you're there! Would dearly love to walk that beach with you! Annie

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
761 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody Else Got the Bug???

Leaving in 10 days, Jan. 27th for 10 days to visit my folks....then again April....aghhh!!! Cannot wait~