We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton in May.Attire for Dining .

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Cloud Minnesota
Level Contributor
550 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton in May.Attire for Dining .

My husband abd I are staying at the Hilton May 15-19.Was wondering what is the attire for the local bars and restraunts are?Also what is a good place to shop for the usual stuff you need to bring home for family members.Lastly is there a place close emough to walk to to get beer/wine and or liquar for are room?Thank you.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton in May.Attire for Dining .

Attire for just about anywhere on the island is very casual. Put something on over your bathing suit and you'll be fine in most places. Go for comfort. There is a small shopping mall directly across Collier from the Hilton. There are 2 or 3 of those "beach shops" with all the usual take home stuff. There are also several really good restaurants in there. There's a Winn Dixie with a liquor store a couple of miles north on Collier. I'm not sure how long a walk it is. The walk back might be a bit much when you're loaded down with supplies. However, there are a couple of taxi services on the island that have been highly recommended here on this forum. They're very reasonable. Have a terrific time!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton in May.Attire for Dining .

There's a 7-11 convenience store at the corner of Collier and Winterberry which is very near the Hilton. Quick beer supplies there. You can also rent bicycles with baskets which is fun. The island is pretty flat which makes riding very easy.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton in May.Attire for Dining .

I knew Jackie would know someplace closer that would help you out. If you really want to know you're way around the island, ask Jackie..you'll get a great answer.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton in May.Attire for Dining .

thanks for the support! If you need to know where to get a cold drink and some good, cheap food with some nice sites and good people watching, just ask me! I make a job of it while on Marco.

5. Re: Hilton in May.Attire for Dining .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island