We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

I am considering both of these hotels and was leaning towards the Marriott. However, the rate for the Marriott is $200 a night more for the dates we are looking at. I will be traveling with a 10 year old girl. Is the Marriott worth that much extra per night? This will be our first trip to the area so any feedback would be great.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

We have never stayed at the MBOR, only the Marriott. The Marriott is super. The pool is great and the proximity to the beach cannot be beat. That being said, I am not sure I would pay the extra money since there is always good things said on here about the MBOR.

Be sure to look at deals for the Marriott. Sometimes, the specials listed on the general Marriott website are fantastic. We got a great rate in July using the deal on the website. Also, do not be afraid to call the Marriott and ask them if they have any promotions. The staff there is always very helpful.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

Thanks for the input. I will watch for some deals and maybe something will come up.

boston, ma
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

I was torn between these hotels too. I am going to Marco on Aug 26. I had decided to stay at the MBOR which was actually more than the Marriot. From everything I have read I think the Marriot is better suited for kids. You should request a room in the South Tower. I believe this is the only tower where the rooms have been completely renovated. I will keep you posted on the MBOR. I plan on heading over to the Marriot too to check it out.

indianapolis, IN
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

Take the Marriott with a child...they have TONS of activities she will enjoy and 2 pools and will find lots of other kids to play with while there....Marco Beach is wonderful but I would stay at Marriott with your child as she will be happier and then you will be happier

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

With or without a child, the Marriott. So much to do. I agree with call the resort directly, not the 800 line, but the resort itself (239) 394-2511. Tell them you want to talk to someone on property about reservations. You don't want to be switched over to the 800 line. The staff there will be very helpful at helping you find a deal. Beware, once you go, you're going to be hooked. Enjoy!

6. Re: Marco Beach Resort or Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 08, 2009