We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moped rental? Recreational activites?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Augusta, GA
4 posts
Save Topic
Moped rental? Recreational activites?

Hi there! My husband and I are in our late twenties, and we'll be spending our first anniversary on Marco Island in a few weeks (we arranged it through Travel Advantage Network, which offers discounted vacation packages, usually through privately-owned condos).

I was hoping we'd be able to rent a moped somewhere on the island; does anyone know if there are moped rentals available?

Also, I've read in other threads about various activities, like airboat rides. Any other fun activities you might suggest?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Courtney

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
571 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moped rental? Recreational activites?

Hi Courtney,

You can rent scooters and bikes from the Island Bike Shop.

http://islandbikeshops.com/

Para-sailing, shelling trip, and etc.

http:MarcoIslandWatersports.com

Randy

Augusta, GA
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moped rental? Recreational activites?

Great! Thanks so much for your help, Randy!

Cincinnati, OH
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moped rental? Recreational activites?

GAHoneymooner,

I recently joined TAN and have been looking at properties on Trip Advisor and the web. Most seem mediocre, some have received horrible reviews, and some seem really nice.

Are you a member of TAN? If so how is your experience so far? Any suggestions on where to and where not to stay?

I would appreciate any info you can give me!

Thanks!

Peggy

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moped rental? Recreational activites?

GA take alook at Marco Review - Marco Island's only free magazine. Your resource for everything in Southwest Florida. Restaurants, real estate, shopping, attractions, ...

marcoreview.com/ you may find what you're looking fro in there..

Something we find fun is on a sunday afternoon go to Goodlands (next tiny island to MI) and visit STANS BAR... crazy afternoon dancing and singing (said that lossley folks!!) Great atmosphere....really worth a couple of hours out of the day!!

Everyglade city isnt too far away but I wouldnt fancy that on a moped ! .. but good air boat rides and gator/snake place!!

5. Re: Moped rental? Recreational activites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 01, 2009