We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglades in summer?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Everglades in summer?

We'll be on Marco Island 2nd week of July. Is a trip to the Everglades worth it or will we see more mosquitoes than any other wildlife?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglades in summer?

We.'ve been down to everglade city twice in July... yes there's loads of mosi.. and in general I get bitten quite badly so go prepared with loads of repellent.... For our last U.S holiday on Sanibel - I was advised to buy - think it was called - Off Wood - bought it from Walgreens... and that did the trick.. only time that holiday was during a very early morning walk on the beach when the no see um's got me!!! Do you get those on Marco Island please - didnt hear anything about those on previous trips to MI....

Back to E'Glade city.. good airboat rides and a reptile house... little else although there is a museum further into the everglades.. an old traders post.. thats worth a look....

Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Everglades in summer?

If you are going to travel into the Everglades, I would recommend the Shark Valley section of Everglades National Park.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everglades in summer?

Butterflyaway... how long would it take to E.N.P from MI please..I know E.G City isnt very far..didnt take us very long at all.... also what special about it ?

Thanks

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Everglades in summer?

I also highly recommend that you visit Shark Valley.

Everglades City is about 30 miles from Marco on Highway 41.

Shark Valley visitor center for the Everglades park is about 65 miles also on 41. It's 23.5 mile outside of the Miami outer freeways.

www.nps.gov/archive/ever/visit/activ-sv.htm

http://fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=everglades@217&cur_section=sig&property_id=177622

Have a great time!

Randy

5. Re: Everglades in summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 26, 2009