We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend at RC - Palm Beach

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend at RC - Palm Beach

Booked a long weekend (3 nights) with the wife at the Ritz "Palm Beach" for our 20th Anniv. Not planning on leaving the resort much - so not sure if I should rent a car. I figure what I save on the car, I'll spend on the RC restaurants. Anyone know if the food is good enough to not have to leave the resort? Any reason I should leave the resort? Anything in walking distance?

Thanks for any help!

South Carolina
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend at RC - Palm Beach

Check this website out... www.manalapan.org

We went the Ritz last year and will be returning again in June... Restaurants across the street from the Ritz include:

CAFE DEL MAR

CALLARO’S PRIME STEAK & SEAFOOD

THAIKYO ASIAN CUSINE

VILLAGIO ITALIANO

VILLAGE MARKETPLACE = upscale grocery store

www.manalapan.org

Owned and managed by Woolbright Development, Inc., the Plaza Del Mar is located on the Southwest corner of East Ocean Avenue & South Ocean Boulevard (A1A). It is a 102,517 square foot upscale shopping center located directly across the street from the oceanfront Ritz-Carlton Hotel. The center is surrounded by the local population with over 151,000 residents in a 5 mile radius, with an average household income exceeding $74,000 per year. Plaza Del Mar boasts exceptional design elements and lush landscaping, creating a beautiful shopping environment.

Ohio
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend at RC - Palm Beach

Stayed at the Ritz last June. Had a great time. They were planning some renovations at the time, including an infinity pool I believe. Food is pricey, but we were always very happy with our meals. Don't forget what you will save on valet service also. Have a great time!

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend at RC - Palm Beach

Thanks for the feedback. Decided to go for the car.

Florida
Level Contributor
801 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend at RC - Palm Beach

The gourmet grocery store across the street has some great takeout food, we purchased some items along with a nice bottle of wine (great selection) and had a picnic on the beach. Since you will have a car, recommend hitting a local seafood place called the Grumpy Grouper, no view or atmosphere but good local seafood, about a 10 minute drive. Callaro's is a good choice as well. I would highly recommend the Ritz Sunday Brunch, great views and incredible food! The hotel renovations are complete, they may still be working on the spa. The beach is small and alittle rocky (coral) on entering but the hotel is fabulous. Make sure you advise the hotel before arriving that you are celebrating your anniversary, they will "take care of you"...........enjoy...:)

5. Re: Long Weekend at RC - Palm Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Manalapan