We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Place complex and Traffic?

Which Madeira Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Beach Place complex and Traffic?

We have booked a condo at Beach Place for the first week of December, and have read one good review here about the owner/manager, and was wondering if anyone knows more about Beach Place? Due to it's location close to the Johns Pass bridge,

I'm also wondering about traffic and construction noise, as the condo we booked is a southeast corner unit overlooking the pass. Does anyone know the current construction status? Thanks.

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

My wife and I are arriving this Saturday next door at Sandy Shores, so I'll be able to give you an update when we return 21st Nov.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

I was at Johns Pass about a month ago. There is some construction and building rehabs going on, but I didn't find it to be very noisy. There was also some lane closures near the pass on Gulf Blvd.

Now I was only there about an hour, so It might have gotten noisy at times, but not while I was there. The road lane closures were not causing backups, but I was there on a weekday, probably would cause some delay on a weekend.

Sorry, I know nothing of the condos you are asking about.

Enjoy your stay!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

Thanks for the info ... we'll look for the updated information when you arrive back from FL.

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

Just got back Sunday and this is how it was when we left.

Construction noise from the bridge isn't too bad mostly - just a general background buzz, with trucks reversing etc. Unfortunately, they are also pile driving at the moment - not all the time, probably 2 or 3 times a day while we were there. First time I heard it I thought it was going to be a big problem, as the sound revervebrates and amplifies off the buildings. My wife descibes it as being near a church when the bells are ringing. However, after the first day, we just were aware of it without it being a big problem.

Might be worth having a music headset for poolside.

Traffic is no worse than normal I found, although getting into Beach Place from the Treasure Island side is a little tricky. There is no direct access coming northbound on gulf blvd, so you need to turn right into Johns Pass village, then left along the front of the shops and left again before the bamboo beer garden to make a left to go back southbound on gulf blvd. You can then make a right as normal.

Sounds more difficult than it is really - you just need to take care at first.

Overall, it wasn't a big problem for us, as the pile driving never started before 8am, and it certainly didn't affect our enjoyment.

Hope this helps.

Kenny

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

To Kennymor: Thank you for the construction/noise information. I've been watching the weather channel, and see that you did have nice weather most of the time. I hope we are as lucky. We did get the owner to switch us to a beachfront unit closest to the Sandy Shores complex you stayed in, so it should be less of a problem. How was the condo itself, and the surrounding area and beach? Any Red Tide problem? We are attending a beach wedding on the 3rd, late in the afternoon, and were curious.

Also noted that you are from the UK - we lived there for a short time in 1986-87 and have always wanted to go back - we lived in Cobham, Surrey and it was lovely.

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

No problem.

Beach is clean and well kept. Tractors out every morning from 7am raking the sand. No red tide at all.

We go most years around this time, and this was the quietest we've ever seen it. Sandy Shores never more than 25% occupied and Beach Place looked quiet as well. I think the construction might be keeoing some people away.

The restaurants at Johns Pass are all open as normal - don't miss the grouper sandwich at dockside daves!

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Kenny

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

We've returned from a lovely weekend. Weather was pretty good with a terrific day on Sunday. Beach was indeed very clean, both Beach Place and Sandy Shores were very well kept with attentive staff. Our condo was terrific, very clean and spacious -- highly recommend johnspasscondos.com, talk with Gary or Joanna. Construction out front does make it tougher to get into the complex, but well worth the aggravation and not alot of noise or traffic problems. Be sure to walk across to Johns Pass -- great restaurants and cute shops with good deals off-season!

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

Glad you enjoyed.

We're actually going back again in January for a week - specifically to take in the Bob Seger concert in Tampa.

Long way to go for a gig, but probably my last chance to see him live.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Place complex and Traffic?

Hi,

I finally realize that you responded to my post back in late

You noted that you lived on Sheridan in Kenmore and your

husband grew up in the Lincoln Park area.

I too grew up in Lincoln Park - - attended Ben Franklin and Ken East.

Perhaps we know each other?

Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach