We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

Has anyone ever been married on the beach in Madeira or gone to a wedding there?

I grew up vacationing at Collwood Condo and it has been my dream to get married there. I haven't been there in years though. I'm hoping to stay at Collwood for the week and just get married right there on the beach.

We are hoping to have at least 20-25 guests though. I know Collwood is week long rentals so not everyone can stay there as some will only be in town for 2-4 nights. Are there any good hotels in Madeira or near there that our guests can stay at? I know Madeira is mostly condo's.

Also, any recommendations for dinner after? I was thinking the Hut because it's nice and casual and we like casual but I read some not so good reviews. Anywhere else that is good at Johns Pass for dinner (not Friendly Fisherman, it's okay for lunch but not what I'm looking for). Or anywhere in the area? Not too fancy/pricey but still nice at the same time.

Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
395 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

The Surf Song is right across the street from John"s Pass, it offers motel rooms to two bedroom units at very reasonable rates we have stayed there the past three years.It is condo but you can rent for a min of two nights

M B
Boston...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

hilton doubletree down the road in redington is going to be your best noncondo hotel option for your guests

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

I was also going to say the Doubletree might be a good spot. I have seen some weddings on the beach right outside of the hotel. I believe they also have a catering department. They at least have a restaurant and a tiki bar.

Edited: 12:32 pm, December 27, 2013
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

We were had our vows renewed on treasure island beach, in back of the Bilmar , used kat Christie of Clearwaternotaryandweddings. Com, very good service super nice lady, photographer took 350 pics and put them on a cd, I already have recommended her to many people , and just recently too . Anymore info just ask...

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

For your wedding meal, you might want to consider a new restaurant in JP called Mad Beach Fish House. (It is located where Latitudes used to be.) We have had a couple excellent meals there.

Also, take a look at Walt'z Fish Shak. It has a very funky, Keys-y feel, and delicious local seafood. It is a tiny place, so I think your group might need to reserve the whole restaurant.

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage! :-)

Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

Thank you everyone. I am definitely going to recommend both Surf Song and Double Tree in Redington to our guests. Once I know how many people are coming I will call to see if they do group discounts.

I will definitely check into Mad Beach Fish House. If we don't go there for our wedding meal we may do the night before meal there!

7. Re: Hoping to get married in Madeira Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach