We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madeira Beach Rules/Laws

Iowa
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Madeira Beach Rules/Laws

I have only been to all inclusive resort places so this might sound stupid, but can I drink beer on the beach? If so, does it matter if it is cans or bottles?

Also, can we smoke on the beach? (I ALWAYS put the butts in a used cup/can and take with me when I am done at the beach.)

I will be going to the beach across the street from Holiday Isles Resort and Dockside Dave's.

Thanks for your response.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madeira Beach Rules/Laws

Last I heard, drinking was still legal on Madeira. It's one of the maybe 1, 2, or 3 left. Take no bottles, or glass at all. Be sure it's in cans.

I must admit, I don't know if smoking is actually legal or not on the beach. I probably would, if I wanted to. Unless there was a sign saying it wasn't allowed, or if someone complained.

Iowa
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madeira Beach Rules/Laws

Thanks for the reply.

I did some more searching and I found the city ordinance for booze on the beach. It said that there are some restrictions, but where I am going to be it isn't going to be a problem. I booked Holiday Isles Resort because I liked the look of it and the reviews were good. (Plus I really liked the price) and now I am very happy that I did because I would be upset if I couldn't have a couple of beers while sitting on the beach.

I am not to concerned about smoking, so I will just see what happens.

Edited: 11:33 am, February 02, 2011
Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madeira Beach Rules/Laws

Don't know if it's legal or not, but I've certainly seen people smoking on the beach. Plenty of people take coolers to the beach and have beer in cans.

Enjoy!

4. Re: Madeira Beach Rules/Laws

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 04, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach