We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Madeira condos

Pittsburgh Pa.
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Madeira condos

Hi we are thinking of taking a trip to Madeira Beach in June and was wondering if anyone has stayed in rooms 309 or 501. At Villa Madeira. They both look great, but after reading the last comment on room 409 through TRS I was a little worried. Any help or suggestions would be great. Also any good places to eat in the area would be great to know. Thanks again !!!

Philadelphia...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Villa Madeira condos

I'm glad you had a nice experience there. We stayed in 503 in Sept. 2010, and my kids and I were absolutely miserable after we saw a cockroach in the kitchen. And a dead one on the balcony. The huge hole in the screen probably didn't help. Or the huge hole at the elevator entrance. I contacted the owner's cleaning lady/"agent" and she dropped off a couple traps and an almost-empty can of Raid. But who wants to look at roach traps on a vacation?? Then I called the owners, Mr. and Mrs. Strauss, and that woman was so rude to me, I just couldn't believe my ears. She thinks you just have to live with them if you're going to be in Florida. Yeah, right - my parents lived in Fla. for 25 years and didn't have a roach problem because they knew how to control it. I decided I couldn't stay in that place another hour. We left that dump mid-week, and went to Madeira Bay Resort - right next to John's Pass, but across the street from the beach. It was well worth it. A clean and classy place with someone in the office 24/7. I will NEVER rent from a private owner again.

Haines City, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Villa Madeira condos

We stayed at Villa Madeira 501. The beds were comfy. The bathrooms could have been cleaner. The views were incredible. One screen that opened would have been nice though. The screened balcony was great. The condo needs some work for sure. Dryer didn't work, sliding door extremely difficult to lock ... we couldn't do it. Main door handle lock sticks and the screen door was stuck open. All in all we had a wonderful time in spite of the disappointments. One of our favorite places to eat was Lisa's Cafe about 5 blocks away. Would not stay again in that condo but would stay on Madeira Beach

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Villa Madeira condos

I went to VRBO 5930 and it is no longer an active site (for condo #501)...any other ideas how to find this condo for rental? I was just in the process of emailing the owner of #309 but stopped after reading these reviews (and the reviews of the condo on VRBO)...however, #501 sounds perfect and I like the idea of a wrap around porch. Problem is I just can't find it anywhere to rent so I was hoping someone else knew another way to find this condo?!?!?!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Villa Madeira condos

We are just completing a week at Villa Madeira #203. We would not stay at this particular condo again. Rented through VRBO and managed by TRS. The carpeting in tehcondo is filthy (arrangements have been made to clean it followin our departure) The slider in the master bedroom is stuck and does not open. The kitchen is outdated but pretty well equipped. The dishwasher door falls open, it appears the spring is broken. The master bath is VERY oudated and the sinks are very worn. There was a throw rug on the bathroom floor that was so dirty that I was afraid to touch it without gloves. Rust in the washer. There are no blankets for the beds, just a sheet and comforter. Lots of extra towels including beach towels. Great views and good location. Sent an e-mail to the owner with no response. TRS has made arrangemnts for carpet cleaning but unresponsive to other concerns.

Edited: 10:35 am, March 11, 2011
Cherry Hill, New...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Villa Madeira condos

We stayed in Villa Madeira number 503 last month and we loved it. The place is spotless, we did not see any bugs. The condo is beautifully furnished and has a fantastic view of the gulf. The owner, Molly was very easy to deal with. She even let us stay a while after check-out because our flight was delayed.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Villa Madeira condos

We are planning a trip to Villa Madeira condo #404, anyone stayed in this condo recently?

Burlington KY
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Villa Madeira condos

We are scheduled to stay at Villa Madeira 309 in September 2011. Has anyone stayed there recently? I understand it's been remodeled and the pictures look beautiful. Any help would be appreciated.

Macon, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Villa Madeira condos

Buyer Beware! We booked Villa Madeira #203 many months ago. We received a message from the realty company 5 weeks before our vacation that the owner wanted to use it the week of our vacation and they actually threw us out! Booking contracts are meaningless to these owners. Rent at your own risk!

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Villa Madeira condos

I'm not sure about the other condos, but we are at 409 as I'm typing this and I would deffenately NOT recommend this particular condo.

Richmondhill...
5 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Villa Madeira condos

I am the new owner of Villa Madeira room 409 as of August 13,2012.

Yes, the unit was outdated at that time. We are currently gutting the kitchen and installing a new one with granite tops. All new flooring and new bathroom vanities are being installed. Some new furnishings will be added as well. Unit will be complete for Jan. 2013.

Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach