We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SCABIES at 13440 Gulf Boulevard, Unit 406, Madeira Beach, FL

New England
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SCABIES at 13440 Gulf Boulevard, Unit 406, Madeira Beach, FL

I got SCABIES from the bed in this CONDO the bedsheets are not being washed in HOT water.

You do not want to get Scabies.

Four of us stayed there I was the only one to get Scabies, they are terrible to get rid and will drive you insane itching.

I was fine unttil stayed there.

These people that own these Condos should be wahsing te bedsheets when the last guests leave.

Dallas
Level Contributor
61 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SCABIES at 13440 Gulf Boulevard, Unit 406, Madeira Beach, FL

We stayed here last year and loved it. We are going back again at the end of this month. The rooms are newly updated, including granite counter tops, beautiful furniture, including a flat screen TV. Look at their web site. They are about 2 blocks from St. John's Pier. Ask for Lisa Handthe manager. Good luck!!

Barefoot Beach Resort • 13238 Gulf Blvd., Madeira Beach, Florida, 33708 USA

Toll Free: 800-853-1536 | 727-393-6133 | Fax: 727-564-9925

Jackson, MO
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SCABIES at 13440 Gulf Boulevard, Unit 406, Madeira Beach, FL

Saythree, thanks for the info on Barefoot Beach Resort. I have contacted them for availability; their website looks good so I'm interested in hearing from them. Are you staying in the same unit you were in before?

Dallas
Level Contributor
61 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: SCABIES at 13440 Gulf Boulevard, Unit 406, Madeira Beach, FL

Hi LaBeets:

We are staying in the room next to the one we had last year. It is on the second floor and faces the beach: so it is "beach front", not beach view.We like it because it has an elevator, which is required for my 91 year old mother in law. We got sandwiched to go at the deli/sandwich shop at St John's Pier and shopped at the grocery store on the island.. forgot the name. There is a Greek restaurant directly across the street from the hotel... very good. I also like to metal detect while I am there!!!

If you have specific questions, let me know.

Saythree, Dallas, Tx

London
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: SCABIES at 13440 Gulf Boulevard, Unit 406, Madeira Beach, FL

We've stayed at Mad Beach a couple of times and really enjoyed the area.

Choosing the right condo though is a minefield!

We stayed at Las Brisas last year, right on the beach - the condo on the webside looked beautiful and I chose that one because of the beautiful interior decorations and ocean view, but when we got there is was quite dirty and definitely needed some TLC. Had to start dusting and wiping stuff down before we could unpack. Fortunately the beds were very clean so no scabies for us!!!! and we had an enjoyable few days.

However, sittng round the pool and chatting to other visitors I found there is a common thread. Some (like us, although hubby doesn't bother about a bit of dust) were a bit disappointed with the initial viewing, and clearly the photos on these websites are when the condos are brand new and not as they are 10/15 years later. But others said that although their condo looked plain on the website, and was chosen because it was cheaper, it was very clean and tidy.

So, unless you are recommended a particular condo, or you are not too fussed at your surroundings being a little bit run down, then go for it.

What I'm trying to say is that the building might look good, but, depending on the individual owner of the condo, it might be just ok or a palace inside. Or vice-versa, the building might look naff, but inside could be just perfect.

15. Re: SCABIES at 13440 Gulf Boulevard, Unit 406, Madeira Beach, FL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach