We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madiera Beach to Tampa airport!

perth
Level Contributor
677 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Madiera Beach to Tampa airport!

Hi There,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it would take to get to Tampa airport from Madeira beach at around 8.30am on a Monday morning in May? I suspect there would be a lot of traffic so would take longer than normal? Also when we fly to Fort Myers from Edinburgh we have to change at Newark NY but not sure how long it will take us to change planes in NY? Would we have to pick up our luggage and re-check it in again? We can either get a connection in 1 hr 20mins or 4 hours but don't want to hang around too long if we dont have to!

Thanks for any help x

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madiera Beach to Tampa airport!

Not sure about 8.30 Monday morning, but it only takes 35/45 mins outwith peak, so double that should be plenty I'd think.

Changing at Liberty Newark is a lottery to be honest - it all depends on how busy the immigration hall is when your flight arrives.

We've made connections in under 90 mins in the past, but it really is a matter of luck - sorry I can't be more positive.

After going through immigration you have to collect your luggage and go through US customs. You're then directed to the transit area and hand your luggage over - but it only takes minutes.

Also remember that you can lock your luggage for your flight to Newark, but you'll have to unlock it for the internal flight unless you use TSA approved locks.

There's a great steakhouse in Liberty if you do have the 4 hour wait - I think it's called Gallaghers. Not cheap but great steak.

Hope this helps.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madiera Beach to Tampa airport!

8:30 am on a Monday. That is about peak traffic. I would say you should be able to get there in an hour, Hopefully no accidents on your route as that will add time, and they are unpredictable. May want to allow 1 hour &15-30 minutes just to be sure.

perth
Level Contributor
677 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madiera Beach to Tampa airport!

Thankyou both for your help x

4. Re: Madiera Beach to Tampa airport!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach