We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

North Somerset
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers

My wife and I are looking to our firt ever visit to Madeira from April 23-30. We will be staying at the Pousada Dos Vinhaticos Hotel, Ribiera Brava, but unfortunately the holiday website we booked the holiday through does not provide for airport transfer to this destination, and one of the airport transport sites I have found so far list Ribiera Brava among the destination resorts.

Can anybody please offer advice re economic transport from Funchal to this hotel (other than simply take a taxi from outside the airport, of course) and also give an indication of cost.

Also I've seen one favourable review for this hotel on this website. Has anybody else been there?

hampshire
Level Contributor
194 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

we have just arrived back from madeira 14th - 21st jan 08..we used a company called a2b transfers there was only two of us they were waiting at the airport when we arrived we had a minibus for 8 people,they were also very prompt when returning us to the airport i would use them again..hope this helps you have a lovely time

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

You could also check with Super Shuttle www.supershuttle.com

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

Possetpie:

do you know that you posted in the Madeira Beach, Florida, United States forum?

I think you wanted to post in a Portugal forum!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

I wondered how the word Funchal played a part in all of this!!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

Wow, I guess the Super Shuttle van is NOT the way to get there!

6. Re: Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach