We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Parasol Drill?

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Beach Parasol Drill?

Strange question I know, but does anyone know if it is possible to hire one of those drills people use on the beach to "drill in" sun parasols? If so, from where? We're travelling from the UK so it's not really practical to bring a drill with us!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
35,255 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Beach Parasol Drill?

you can buy them at Walmart for about $10

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Beach Parasol Drill?

Fantastic, thanks Sunshine :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Beach Parasol Drill?

I don't mean the anchor screw for the umbrella - I've seen people use a cordless drill with a huge bit on the end to drill a hole the sand for the anchor to screw into!

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Beach Parasol Drill?

The sand anchor is better and more practical. All the beach shops groceries drug stores sell them for about $10. Easy to use, no noise.

5. Re: Beach Parasol Drill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 07, 2015