We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotels are walking distance from

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What hotels are walking distance from

The Longboat Key Club. Need a room to crash in after a wedding and really don't want to pay the $400 a night at the LKC, since we will be getting in late, showering and then going to brunch. I heard there is something across the street, but I can't seem to find anything . Thanks for the help.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

As far as I know, everything across the street from the LBK Club on Gulf of Mexico Drive is either commercial or residential.

There might be a condo for rent, bu they usually have a minimum stay.

Check with the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce.

~SRQgirl

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I guess we will try and share a 2 bedroom at the LKC.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

Can you rent a car and drive off the Key to the mainland after the wedding? It isn't far (15 mins.) and would be cheaper than staying at the LKC. In fact there is a hotel that used to be a Holiday Inn on the mainland right at the end of the causeway leading to Lido Key, which is the key just before Longboat.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

The Holiday Inn you are referring to (before the Ringling Bridge)

on the mainland was demolished years ago. It is a vacant lot that will be the site of a new condo . However...

There are cheaper places to stay, but it would be very foolish to drink and drive. Now a cab to the mainland would be another option....

~SRQgirl

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

SRQGirl has it right, no way are we driving. Would much rather spend the $ on more expensive room than a night in jail....

Staying on mainland would require cabs at 1 am, and then back for the brunch etc. Think we'll just bite the bullet and pay for the room, I hope they get some type of discount for a guaranteed amount of guests.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

Thanks for all your suggestions, we have ended up splitting a one bedroom with pull out, with my sister and her husband, so only comes out to about $200 at the LBKC. Still playing the waiting game on the tickets, Airtran fluctuates daily.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

Nic,

Good move about splitting the room.

Stayed at the LBK Club for my anniversary last week.

The room (small suite) we had was very spacious.

If you have never been there, it is private and the beach is very nice to walk.

Since you are only staying for 1 night, you probably won't be going anywhere else.

Enjoy.

~SRQgirl

8. Re: What hotels are walking distance from

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key
Recent Conversations