We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa del mar or longboat key club?

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Casa del mar or longboat key club?

I'm considering either of these properties for a week in August. I really want a direct beach front place with a pool & wifi - & I'm not sure how built up I want it to feel. Is the longboat key club very much like a hotel resort with high rise blocks? Casa del mar looks lovely but also like the units could be very small. Any guidance or other suggestions are much appreciated!

Thank you

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa del mar or longboat key club?

you've described the two places quite well. LBK Club is definitely a full-level resort complex, with all of the amenities and primarily high-rise accomodations, though it does offer some house rentals as well. Casa del Mar could seem a bit small by comparison, and I wasn't aware that they had wifi, but it's a nice alternative. Another place you might consider would be Veranda Beach Club (though check there also re wifi).

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa del mar or longboat key club?

you've described the two places quite well. LBK Club is definitely a full-level resort complex, with all of the amenities and primarily high-rise accomodations, though it does offer some house rentals as well. Casa del Mar could seem a bit small by comparison, and I wasn't aware that they had wifi, but it's a nice alternative. Another place you might consider would be Veranda Beach Club (though check there also re wifi).

3. Re: Casa del mar or longboat key club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, February 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key
Recent Conversations