We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

longboat key

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jersey
5 posts
Save Topic
longboat key

My family and I are considering a rental in Longboat key. The house is listed for rent on VRBO and I just noticed it is listed for sale as well through a realtor ( i googled the addresss). We want to rent the house for a week in April 2012. I wanted to know all your thoughts.

Also, we are a laid back family of 7 and we were considering anna maria/holmes beach but found a great house in longboat key. We love the beach and hope to kayak. In the evening I love to cook but do plan on going out to eat a couple of nights. Our children will be 9,10,13,16,& 17 all girls. Is longboat a good choice? Thanks in advanced

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: longboat key

If you send the address to me in a Private Message I'll let you know what I've heard re selling, and also thoughts about the location, etc. You'll be coming in prime season, so I'm a little surprised you're able to rent a really nice (and fairly large?) house for only a week at that time of year.

I'm biased, but I think that Longboat would be a great place for you and your family. It can be as ritzy as some people want, or as laid-back as others want, or as active as even others want. You can rent kayaks on Longboat and keep them by the house if it's on the water. Also you'll want to rent bikes to go "cruising" up and down Longboat (10+ miles of bike trail). Lots of food options, too.

Anna Maria is fun too, especially the north end.

2. Re: longboat key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key
Recent Conversations