We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Gulf Coast?

New Forest, England
8 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay on Gulf Coast?

Off to Orlando for 2 weeks, last wk march 1st april, want to escape for a few days on gulf coast. Have 2 children, would like quiet, classy place, with good beaches & Restaurants. Siesta key seems nice from what I've read, but as I've just discovered, were going at a busy time, so not alot available. Any recommendations?

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Gulf Coast?

I see that you put your query on several forums -- Longboat, Siesta Key, Anna Maria, Naples -- so perhaps something will turn up for you. You're right, it is a busy time -- peak season in this area, though things begin to slow down in April. Regarding the Keys around Sarasota, I suspect that Siesta will be busiest, Anna Maria and Lido somewhat less so, and Longboat quieter. You might check availabilities at Longboat Key Club and at Lido Beach Resort.

Beaches are very good, many restaurants nearby.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
89 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Gulf Coast?

We stayed at the Cabana Beach Club in Longboat. ResortQuest rents it out, I think. We found out room at VRBO, though. It is small and very quiet. you share the pool (small pool) with only a couple other rooms. We always had it to ourselves. The beach there is great too. Quiet and relaxing.The room we stayed in was oceanfront - had 2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa. In front of our condo we found probably 50 sandollars or more, snorkeling. The water was crystal clear. Real nice place.

3. Re: Where to stay on Gulf Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2009