We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach castle

JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA
1 post
Save Topic
beach castle

has anyone stayed at beach castle resort on the bayside in longboat key? what are the pros and cons? we have reservations in may. thanks

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: beach castle

We've not stayed there, but did drive in a couple of weeks ago while on spring break. It is an older resort that has been updated significantly, I would just check out your unit pictures carefully. Many are lovely, and it looks like things have been upgraded nicely. Lots of vegetation, a nice bay view, and pretty beach across the street. Not the lap of luxury, but looks nice, well kept and you should be fine.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach castle

Excellent comments by the previous poster; a good description. I'd add a couple of points. You may or may not have a view of the bay; it depends on the unit. But at least you'll have some pretty, tropical vegetation outside your unit. You won't have far to go to the beach; Longboat is quite narrow, so you'll just have to cross the road and walk through the yard on the other side to get to the beach.

Beach Castle is located in a very nice area on Longboat -- actually almost everywhere on Longboat is a nice area -- but this part of Longboat is my favorite. Close to some good restaurants, a nice park, a few small shops.

Rentals for Beach Castle are handled by a local realtor, Wedebrock. When I've used them in the past for other places to stay, they have always been good, fair and honest.

Is this your first trip to Longboat or to the Sarasota area? Let us know if you have any questions about the area.

Michigan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: beach castle

Have stayed every year for the past fifteen years. They have a faithful following due to many factors... family-friendly, clean, comfortable and VERY affordable. The property has been upgraded extensively but they haven't upped the price much at all.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach castle

Thanks for the update TravelMeister. It's nice to hear that they are still good. So many places on Longboat have been sold to turn into condos that the smaller places are even more precious.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beach castle

we are interested in nit 1 close to the beach

Just wondering re any updates on the resort

Thank you

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach castle

I haven't heard of anything positive or negative; I think it's still a good place. It's a condo complex, and so the individual unit will depend on how well it has been maintained by the owner. However I would feel very comfortable making a reservation there. As said before, the beach is lovely, it has a wonderful setting, it's in a wonderful section of Longboat. I think you'd enjoy it.

7. Re: beach castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 12, 2009