We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lime Tree Bay and Snorkeling

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Lime Tree Bay and Snorkeling

My family spends our summers in Marco Island, Florida and about every 2-3 years, we visit the Keys for a few of those days. We like the laid-back keys, not the wild, party atmoshere of Key West. This year, we are staying at Lime Tree Bay on Long Key. We have never stayed here before and I would LOVE to hear back from someone who knows about the resort. Also, my daughter and I are going to go snorkeling. We went a few years ago out of Key Largo to John Pennecamp and had a good experience, but I'd love to find somewhere near Long Key to go out of. Anyone have any good recommendations? We want a quality staff and a good reef to snorkel (we do not have our own equipment). My daughter is 10-years old and so that may be a consideration. We would prefer to go out with a smaller group of people instead of a cattle car! Any recommendations are appreciated . . . Thanks!!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,340 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lime Tree Bay and Snorkeling

A Deep Blue Dive in Key Colony Beach (right next to marathon) takes only small groups. You can rent your equipment from them too.

They'll take you out to Coffins Patch which is my current favorite reef for snorkeling.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lime Tree Bay and Snorkeling

bluewater- Thanks so much for the suggestion. I will look them up on google and probably book it! I am very excited about snorkeling the Keys again and relieved to hear a suggestion of Coffins Patch over John Pennekamp (we were worried we might be making a mistake in not taking the extra time and effort to travel to Key Largo)! Thanks again!!

3. Re: Lime Tree Bay and Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Long Key