We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit in june, 2006

aurora,il
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
visit in june, 2006

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place here with an oceanfront room that is clean and reasonable in price. we will be coming here in june for 6 nights. we were going to stay at the clarion but after reading the reviews i am getting nervous. we hav two children with us that are 15 and 18. thank you.

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: visit in june, 2006

If at all possible avoid clarion...its a dump

Akron, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: visit in june, 2006

I haven't stayed in the hotel but we do hang out at the bar and the beach when we are there. The pool is clean and the people are friendly. I stayed at the Tropicaire which is a block away on Bouganvilla Dr. , Clarion is on N. Ocean.. We still took the 10 minute walk from tropicaire to the Clarion which is "Damons" just to have the picnic tables and the bar, there is live entertainment every day and the stmosphere is great. Can't tell you about the rooms, but from what I have read it doesn't sound good. If you haven't made your reservations yet, call Tropicaire 1-954-491-3215...4553 Boiuganvilla Dr. Ted and Judy were great hosts and all you have to do is bring your clothes and food, everything else is there including the kitchen sink. We stayed for 6 nights 5 people and paid 660.00 out the door. AND we were only 10 minutes from Damons and 5 minutes from Beach... email me at OkSeeYaLaterBye@aol for any questions..I loved this place.

Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea