We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bedroom options on El Mar?

Which Lauderdale by the Sea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 bedroom options on El Mar?

May be travelling with someone else and we each want our own bedroom altho would share kitchen/main room facilities. Since most seem to be 1 bedroom finding that 2 bedroom options eg Tropic Seas are really like 2 separate reservations ie double the rate of an efficiency or an efficiency and hotel room type. It is early January which is somewhat off season and looking for something either oceanfront or just across El Mar in the $250 or less per night for the 8 nights.

PA
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bedroom options on El Mar?

Tides Inn & Souters both have penthouse suites and are very nice. I would stay away from Tides Inn unless you get the penthouse suite. Souters may have other options and all the rooms there are nice with a great staff and management. You may also want to try Villa Caprice. I was just there in September and viewed the 2 bedrooms. They are huge and very nice BUT... I know the property is/was in forclosure so be careful and ask about this if you book there. I would hate for you to lose your deposit. Villa Caprice has nice grounds like Souters. It is south of Commercial at the end of El Mar, a little quieter down that way. Tides Inn grounds are not as big and nice. They have charcole grills and the property is a bit run down. Villa Caprice has no grills and Souters has 2 GAS Grills. Souters property is very well maintaned and Villa Caprice is a bit run down in some areas. I would go with Souters or Villa Caprice but Tides Inn may be more affordable. Hope this helps.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bedroom options on El Mar?

Thanks for this. I did notice when I tried the reservation link at Villa Caprice to see what a 2 bedroom would be that it wasn't active so your info re foreclosure may explain that. It will be a couple of weeks before I confirm whether other person is coming.

The best option from those I have heard back from in terms of affordability and location is Tropic Seas for an efficiency and adjoining hotel room that would be $275. Same type of option at Souters is considerably more. I enjoyed stay at Coral Key Inn last year and if there was space could likely get 2 efficiency units for $250 and although just across the street it is not oceanfront.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bedroom options on El Mar?

Just got back from the High Noon. have stayed there several times and is a great place/location. We usually have an efficiency but this time took a set of parents, so got the two room apartment. Two separate rooms and common living/dining area, it was absolutely ideal for our needs. As per our past visits nothing but plaudits for this place, we love it :)

wash dc
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bedroom options on El Mar?

Save $$ & get nice place if you check VRBO.com (vacation rentals by owner) First put in location of Ft Lauderdale & then select Lauderdale by the Sea or it won't come up. Some units are oceanfront, some not. Check carefully.. Enjoy {{---- ;-) <3+< =me under palm tree!

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bedroom options on El Mar?

Hi - replied to one of your other posts about this. Do you have VRBO #s that are in LBTS right on beach and firsthand knowledge of them? Would welcome numbers if you do. Many of the condos there require longer term rentals and not available for shorter than month terms.

wash dc
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bedroom options on El Mar?

Many owners in VRBO Florida rent for less than month even though that's what's in ad. Times are tuff & few travelers. I rented waterfront condo in Fl Keys that showed monthly only but was going only for 10 days in April. Sorry I don't know specific resorts but wil check to see if addresses posted & I can try to figure out location from same.

7. Re: 2 bedroom options on El Mar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea