We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-mail from Chamber of Commerce

Which Lauderdale by the Sea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
E-mail from Chamber of Commerce

Just got this e-mail from the LBTS Chamber:

HELP SAVE THE PELICAN HOPPER!

The Town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea

is in danger of losing the

PELICAN HOPPER!

The County will pull the funds if

ridership on the Pelican does not increase!

Please do your part - ride the Hopper and encourage your friends, neighbors & guests to ride it also.

It goes down A1A to 34th street so you can go to the Post Office, it goes to the Galt Library, Winn Dixie Shopping Center, Publix Shopping Center and to Terra Mar Drive.

We have schedules here at the Chamber/Welcome Center or if you see the

Hopper just flag them down - they'll stop for you!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-mail from Chamber of Commerce

Yes, several of these little neighborhood "vans "are in danger of extinction- because they don't have sufficient ridership. The Pelican Hopper is great and comes down A1A to just north of Oakland Park Blvd. where you can pick up a Sun Trolly which runs east- west on Oakland- or it is just a few block walk to the Water Taxi stop under the bridge at Shooters That particular Sun Trolley is also in danger of cancellation ( I think the other Sun Trolleys are safe - these are the least ridden ones ). I had my first occasion to ride the 34th St. Sun Trolley when my car was in the shop- and I thought it was great- but it was designed mainly to help transport our seniors to grocery shopping etc- and they just don't seem to want to ride it. It can be convenient for tourits too- but when I rode there were only one couple from the UK aboard- the rest of us were locals. And of course, now that my car is fixed,I am no longer riding it- shame on me! You will have the opportunity to ride them when you stay in LBTS- maybe you can help increase their numbers. With all the government tax shortfalls these are definitely endangered unless their numbers increase.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: E-mail from Chamber of Commerce

I don't use it either but I think it is a great option for our tourists.

It seems like many of the pre, post cruisers are looking for very economical lodgings for their brief stay here. The pelican hopper and sun trolley are great reasons to help encourage them to come back for more than a day or two.

3. Re: E-mail from Chamber of Commerce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea