We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motel questions....

michigan
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
motel questions....

Coming down in March with another couple. We are staying at Breakaway Inn and they are staying at Villa Orleans. We are all hoping that these places are close to each other an most of all clean and run well by management. Also if anyone knows about construction going on near these two places?? We are comiing from FRIGID Michigan so looking forward to this trip!! Thanks for any input....

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: motel questions....

Both properties look well maintained from the outside. Villa Orleans is a little hard to spot because there isn't a sign posted by the street. Only one on the bldg. There is construction close to Villa Orleans. Across the street and up one lot. There is an empty lot across from it ( next to the currect construction). I don't know when construction will start there. Probably not in the next month though.

I think you may have made the better choice. Villa Orleans is closer to town (beach and restaurants) but it is on the main road and will probably have traffic noise. Your hotel is two blocks west of there and should be much quieter. However you will have a longer walk to the beach and restaurants. The hotels are about 5 blocks from each other if you are driving. If you are walking you can walk across the street from your hotel, walk thru the park, cross the street (Seagrape) and walk thru a parking lot to A1A (Ocean Blvd.) walk north (to the left) for 1/2 block to Villa Orleans. It is right next door to a motel called Thunderbird.

I'm not sure if you have a car. The parking lot at Breakaway looked full so parking could be a problem.

Have a great time. It was 86 today. Please leave the frigid air in Michigan.

michigan
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: motel questions....

Thank you for the info...sounds good,,,we are close enough to walk to each place, so that is good. We chose Breakaway because it is off A1A hoping for less traffic noise. Also when they booked Villa Orleans, owner said he was "cleaner" than Breakaway...hopefully just a comment and nothing to worry about!! I am hoping the weather stays good and don't worry I won't bring the frigid cold with me!!

3. Re: motel questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lauderdale by the Sea