We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakeland to Fort Myers

Which Lakeland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
274 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Lakeland to Fort Myers

How long would it take to drive from Fort Myers to Lakeland? We are driving from FM to Orlando so would this be on route or too much of a detour for a shopping trip. There's a store I found in New Hampshire called Coldwater Creek and I believe there's on in Lakeside Village. What else is at Lakeside Village and would it be worth a stopover?

Lakeland, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lakeland to Fort Myers

Fort Myers to Lakeland is about two and a half hours, with another hour and a half or so on to Orlando. I have made this drive a few times, myself! Lakeside Village is our brand new "mall" here in Lakeland, though it is open air (with a fountain in the middle!) and I always think of a mall as being enclosed in one giant building. As far as department stores, we have Belk, Kohl's, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. There is also a variety of smaller clothing shops, and I believe there is a Rack Room Shoes (or some shoe store of that sort), a Sunglass Hut, etc. There are a few different restaurants, Moe's Southwest Grill, Chili's Bar and Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse, BD's Mongolian Grill (create your own stir-fry, lots of fun!) and Mimi's Cafe which is supposed to be delicious though I have never dined there, myself. There is a brand new Cobb Theatre with stadium seating (so nice!), and a Starbucks for after the movie. I realize you are only talking about a little stop-and shop, but seriously, think about spending the day! Lakeland is pretty great, it just gets old when you have lived here all of your life. :)

Lakeland, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lakeland to Fort Myers

Fort Myers to Lakeland is about two and a half hours, with another hour and a half or so on to Orlando. I have made this drive a few times, myself! Lakeside Village is our brand new "mall" here in Lakeland, though it is open air (with a fountain in the middle!) and I always think of a mall as being enclosed in one giant building. As far as department stores, we have Belk, Kohl's, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. There is also a variety of smaller clothing shops, and I believe there is a Rack Room Shoes (or some shoe store of that sort), a Sunglass Hut, etc. There are a few different restaurants, Moe's Southwest Grill, Chili's Bar and Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse, BD's Mongolian Grill (create your own stir-fry, lots of fun!) and Mimi's Cafe which is supposed to be delicious though I have never dined there, myself. There is a brand new Cobb Theatre with stadium seating (so nice!), and a Starbucks for after the movie. I realize you are only talking about a little stop-and shop, but seriously, think about spending the day! Lakeland is pretty great, it just gets old when you have lived here all of your life. :)

3. Re: Lakeland to Fort Myers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lakeland