We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Lake Placid

New Jersey
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Lake Placid

My husband (30) and I (28) will be visiting family in Lake Placid from NJ. We are looking to see what there is to do and see in the area. We will have a car, so traveling is not a problem. We are willing to drive within a 2 hour radius.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Lake Placid

Go over to NY forum. I'm sure it will help you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Lake Placid

I'm talking about Lake Placid, FL

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Lake Placid

I've lived in Lake Placid for 18 years. Most of the things to do here involve a boat or jet ski, as there are many lakes around here. Lake Placid is a great little town, but in your age group---not much to do. (I'm 65, but 21 in my head--lol) Sarasota, Ft.Myers, Palm Beach, and Orlando are all within a 2 hour drive and much to do there. Give me some idea of your interests, and I'll try and give you some clues as to the best options. When will you be here?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Lake Placid

It's a retirement town - as your family would have told you. Not much around there besides some lakes and Sebring if you're there around race time. There are all the shops and supermarkets you might need for daily living.

A 2-hour radius will get you to all the larger towns like Tampa, Miami, Ft. Myers, Orlando, W. Palm Bch etc. You might like to spend a night in South Beach.

5. Re: Things to do in Lake Placid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lake Placid
Recent Conversations