We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KSC/Cocoa Beach

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
KSC/Cocoa Beach

Going in June with our 2 boys (10 & 5) Going to Kennedy Space Center hope to combine it with a trip to Cocoa Beach. We did that many yrs ago (before children!) but I guess there's probably a lot more at KSC now than there used to be so I was wondering if we could fit both in to 1 day?

Don't mind not staying too long at beach but would like to visit Ron Jons and wonder which is the best beach to head for. Have heard about Jetty Park - is it any good - how far is it from KSC?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Northville, Michigan
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: KSC/Cocoa Beach

We stayed at the Ron Jon Cape Caribe resort last April and it ws right next to Jetty Beach. The beaches were okay, it was fun to watch the cruise ships go out. My son loved fishing on the pier and any fish he threw back the birds had a mad dash for.

Ron Jons is open 24 hours a day so that is good. It was about 10 minutes from Jetty Pier. There were also some great kayaking trips out of the area and we went to one (sorry I can't remember the name) that left out of a canal in a subdivision. There was a spring that all the manatees were at and they actually came up to our kayaks. It was great. Hope you have a good time.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: KSC/Cocoa Beach

You might be able to do it in one day. A few years ago we stayed in a hotel next to Cocoa Beach Pier, walked on the beach in the morning, had a leisurely brunch at the pier and got to KSC around noon. (It took us a half hour or less to get there, as I recall, but it was off-season so the roads weren't crowded.) We were able to hit all the highlights, including mission control and the launch pad/storage building bus tour, before it closed, but we didn't have any kids in tow. Ron Jon's can burn up a couple hours if you like to browse. There should be plenty of nice beach in between KSC and Ron Jon's, and you'll have plenty of daylight left after KSC closes.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: KSC/Cocoa Beach

Thanks to you both for your replies. I think we'll go ahead with the plan - can't wait!!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KSC/Cocoa Beach

HI

We stayed 3 nights in the new Ron Jon Caribe Resort at Jetty Park - it's great. Kennedy Space centre is about 30 mins away and so is Ron Jon's main shop - but in the other direction. We've been to Florida 14 times & still love it, but don't waste all your time in Orlando - practically everywhere else is much better!! This year we stayed in 7 different places from Cocoa to key West, the Everglades and the Keys are brilliant!