We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kissimmee restaurant

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Kissimmee restaurant

We are meeting old friends in Kissimmee. 2 ships passing in the night so to speak. We will be headed north and they, south, and we would like to meet them for dinner at a restaurant near Rt #192 and the turnpike. I know that the east side of Kissimmee - St Cloud area is not "filled with great restaurants and motels, but any suggestions? Thanks Liz

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,467 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kissimmee restaurant

What kind of restaurant are you looking for? Something fancy or just your average "sit down meal" restaurant?

There's all kinds like Cracker Barrel, Chilis, etc. on the east side of Hwy 192 in Kissimmee. Most are located within the first two miles of the interstate too.

Beautiful Dorset
Level Contributor
296 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kissimmee restaurant

Hi Harry - I would recommend the Outback steakhouse on the 192 (I think there are at least 3). They do really nice steaks as well as chicken dishes which are lovely. They also do amazing drinks and cocktails and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kissimmee restaurant

Sorry, I was not clear. We're hoping to find something that is not a chain. Thanks Liz

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kissimmee restaurant

Almost all the restaurants on 192 are going to be a chain restaurant, your'll have to start heading North more towards Orlando and East of I-Drive to start getting to local type restaurants.

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kissimmee restaurant

Try La Forchetta a lovely family run Italian on John Young Parkway south of 192 and not too far from the Turnpike

La Forchetta

321 S John Young Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL, USA

(407) 933-4215 -

if you map it on google maps you can see exactly where it is

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kissimmee restaurant

Harry22,

Tarantino's is a family owned restaurant on Monument Street in downtown Kissimmee.

We have been eating there since they first opened three locations ago.

CTR

7. Re: Kissimmee restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 23, 2009