We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

I am going to be staying for 3 days at the Holiday Inn Orange Lake resort.

While I have already booked my limo service from the airport to hotel to port canaveral to airport, I am not sure what woud be the easiest/cheapest way to get out and do some shopping or to pick up supplies that we will need for the 3 days.

Is there some kind of shuttle service that the hotel offers, or is there a courier service that can bring things into you?

If not, any idea's on what someone would be looking at price wise for a cab to the closest Target/Walmart/shopping center to pick up some supplies?!

Thanks in advance.....

Mentioned in this post
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,217 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

Get a car service from t he AP that includes a grocery stop.

Order in from Garden Grocer.

With two car trips, renting a car for 3 days dropping at the port could have been cheaper

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

And the rental would be a whole lot more convenient.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

Ok, not sure what car service from the AP is?

As for a rental, it was cheaper to get the limo service for all 3 legs of my trip than just from the airport to the port and back.

Car rental would run me at least $400-500 for the week plus gas and parking at the port, plus tolls. I am paying less than half that for my arrangements.

So I guess I am missing something here?

No shuttle service from hotel, so what would a cab cost roughly to make ONE stop to pick up grocery supplies for 3 days??

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,217 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

The car service is a limo pickup from the Airport (AP- doggone it do we have to spell out everything lol) that will include a stop at a grocery store.

It can be arranged like any limo/car incl the one you are using now. So call them?

And I said a 3 day car rental with DO at the port- not a weeks rental and parking.

Edited: 10:30 am, January 22, 2014
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,217 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

I am not sure who you rent thru, but I can get a car for 2 weeks incl insurance for less than that?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

I checked Dollar, EZ and Enterprise..all range from $300-$500. I travel many times a year and know how to do my reserach.

Don't assume anything. I had done my homework on this.....While you may not have known all my travel plans, I knew that I have 3 days in Orlando area and then a 4 day cruise etc. I have looked at shuttles from airport to ariport, airport to port and port to airport etc etc etc. What I chose was the cheapest and easiet way when its all said and done.

Guess I just should have asked how much a cab is going to cost from Holiday Inn Orange Lake to a Target/Walmart for anyone that has done it....geez.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

Get a taxi or towne car and head to the Super Target! It is less than 2 miles away and they have everything that you will need. It is hardly ever busy either. Very clean and quick service.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

There is a Publix and a Super Target less than a mile from the main entrance off of 192. Of course the complex is very big so the distance would be greater and can't walk it because no sidewalk the whole way not to mention carrying the groceries would make it prohibitive. Cabs are approx. $2.4 per mile plus wait time. It's not an area where cabs are extremely prevalent though so you'd almost surely need to call one to you and have them wait or call one again when you are done so hard to say how the price would shake out in the end because of that.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

Awesome...thats the info I was looking for.

Thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,217 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommened Way to Pick up supplies for stay at Orange Lake

I dont' know what you are so upset about, I was joking abt the abbreviations.

If you call mears or whoever is your limo firm, they can allow a stop on the way from the airport to Orange lake. For little to no extra charge. Happylimo does it too.

If you want to pay for a separate taxi, feel free.

Mentioned in this post